This week has been another great week in gaming, where we have seen some highly anticipated releases, incredible in-game updates and shocking news, which has got fans both excited and angry, but who achieved what? Our weekly catch up has all the details you need to know from the last seven days right here.
• Ninja Theory showcases their latest developer update for Project Mara, where they show how much detail is going into capturing reality.
• Balan Wonderland will get a free demo on all platforms later next week on January 28th. You can check out all the details on what to expect here at 3Bit.
• Fortnite takes a trip back to the ’80s as Predator, Sarah Connor and the T800 Terminator join the Fortnite roster. Predator is a battle pass addition, acquirable through quests, whilst the Terminator characters are limited premium skins.
• Super Smash Bros. Turned 22 this year, many people believed the day would signify a Nintendo Direct showcase. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Do you think we will see one before the end of the month?
• The European Commission fines Valve and five other developers for geo-blocking games after a 7-year long investigation. You can check out our take and the full verdict here in our news section. • Takaya Imamura retires from Nintendo. The Artist created, directed and produced many iconic characters and games for Nintendo for 32 years. • The Road to Six Invitationals is live now on Rainbow Six Siege, along with the new battle pass you will be able to prove your worth in the returning map Stadium. • Our weekly developer update looks at Ubisoft as they bring in new game modes, more patches and delay Riders Republic. • A new trailer has dropped for Destruction All-Stars, introducing us to our All-Stars as they crash and dash around the arena. • The Resident Evil Showcase gave us tons of new details for Resident Evil Village including a demo that is out now on PlayStation 5, the all-new multiplayer RE: Verse and a crossover with the Division 2 which kicks off on February 2nd.
• The Arcade-style platform shooter Adverse launched on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC. • February’s Games with Gold include Resident Evil, Gears 5, Lost Planet 2, Indiana Jones and The Emperor’s Tomb and Dandara Trials of Fear edition. • Sticking with Xbox Live Gold, Microsoft planned to increase prices, but due to heavy backlash reverted to the original price structure and made it possible to play Free to Play games without Xbox Live Gold. • Cyberpunk 2077 launches update 1.1, which fixes a large number of bugs affecting gameplay and Stability. This update also serves as the groundwork for the next update which will be coming soon. And with that, you are caught up on another incredible week of gaming news. Be sure to stay with us here at 3Bit though as we continue to bring you more exciting gaming news from across the world, along with some great editorials and analytics from the rest of the 3Bit team as they look to the past and the future of gaming.
Support 3-Bit - It takes 2 Minutes:
Its the people who support us who enable us to keep 3-Bit alive. If you've enjoyed the content from this article and want to see more, please support us by following us on social media. The banner here will allow you to get directly to our pages without closing this page! Thank you
- The 3-Bit Team